Your cocktail hour is the first impression of your wedding for guests and sets the tone for the rest of the evening. This is a prime opportunity to showcase personalized touches and create your desired atmosphere for your guests while they mix and mingle. Keeping these tips in mind, you will be sure to create the perfect ambience!
• When selecting your hors d’oeuvres, make it easy on your guests by serving food that doesn’t require a knife or fork. This allows guests to not be contained to one spot while socializing and exploring the venue.
• With all the modern fad diets its important to have options to be inclusive of all your guests. Whether it’s having vegetarian options, keto, paleo, gluten free or stations to customize the dish to tailor to your guests’ choices.
• Create a signature drink! Give it a fun name and keep it in season to have the most desirable outcome. Make it personal – it can be a combination of the couples names or even the drink you had on your first date.
• Don’t spike the punch! Having a variety of non-alcoholic drink options is important. A simple infused water with cucumber and mint is a great option for the summer months. In the colder months, keep it seasonal with hot apple cider and cinnamon sticks.
• Having seated and standing options provides guests of all ages with comfort and selection.
• Live entertainment is another aspect that helps with setting a distinct mood. Ensure to keep the music at a moderate volume, the dance party hasn’t started yet so at this point the music should be light and enjoyable.
• If your wedding is outdoors, set up some lawn games (cornhole, ladder toss, Jenga). This is also a great idea if you have a lot of kids attending.
Having a cocktail hour is a great decision to help with the flow of your special day. This eliminates the confusion for guests not knowing what to do in between the ceremony and reception, and ensures they are well entertained while the newlyweds are getting their photos taken.
B.ELEGANT CATERING (belegant.ca) (♥) Kitchener, ON creates event menus that are customized to fit your unique style and vision. They have partnered with beautiful venues in Cambridge, Kitchener, Ayr, Roseville, and more to help you find the perfect venue for your style, group size, and vision. They also offer a dedicated coordinator to assist you with everything from planning to rentals.
MORE ABOUT B.ELEGANT CATERING & EVENT PLANNING | Kitchener and Cambridge based, B.Elegant (belegant.ca) offers years of wedding + event catering excellence, and is a favourite among event industry experts more details in their review in The Ring, here. To find out more, email B.Elegant Catering & Event Planning directly using the form below. 🙂[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]