Richelle and Chris found the perfect place to say their I do’s at the Cambridge Mill. It offered everything they were looking for…romantic, classy and elegant. With Anne Edgar Photography and Films documenting their gorgeous day, they were able to have the wedding day they had always hoped for…<
Wedding Date: September 28th, 2018
Ceremony & Reception Location: Cambridge Mill (cambridgemill.ca) “The Mill was one of the first places we went to visit and absolutely fell in love. It was exactly what we wanted, somewhere classy, elegant, yet had character! The decision was even more finalized when we met our coordinators. The Team was FANTASTIC. No question was ever too crazy, and you could tell they genuinely cared for our perfect day.” – R&C
Colour Palette: Rose, gold and rose gold.
Theme: Classy, romantic and elegant.
Flowers: As You Wish Floral Design KW. “I highly recommend them. We had a vision of what we wanted when it came to the flowers, but we couldn’t properly verbalize it! Through compiling Pinterest images, looking through flower catalogues and the amazing expertise of the ladies at “As You Wish”, we couldn’t have been more ecstatic when we saw it come together.” – R
Décor: “There wasn’t an extensive amount too be done, as one of the key reasons for choosing the Mill was that it is a naturally stunning venue. However, there were still quite a few projects that we tackled ourselves with the help of our amazing friends and family. It is amazing the creativity, generosity and excitement they had when it came to the crafts, tasks and brainstorming!” – R&C
1. The flowers! We can’t even get over how perfect the arrangements were in both colour and size. Since the venue was so beautiful on its own, we didn’t overdue it with flowers, but they were tastefully included in the ceremony and reception rooms.
2. Doughnuts! They looked amazing, and tasted even better. We lucked out and found risers that matched the décor, and everything looked perfect. Plus, the doughnuts were decorated by the Bakery to match our colours!
3. Memory Table. It was tough to not have my Dad physically there on the day, but we made sure he was present throughout. On a table in the ceremony room we had a boutonniere to match the Groom’s Dad and Step Dad, along with a Hand-written note from my Dad saying “The Journey is the Destination. Love Dad”.” – R&C
Cake: “We both love doughnuts so thought this would the perfect idea for the wedding! The team at Sunshine Doughnuts (facebook.com/SunshineDoughnuts) in Burlington were amazing to work with. They customized the doughnuts to our wedding colours, and just made everything so easy. Plus the tastings were fantastic!” – R&C
Wedding favours: Hogtown Tea (hogtowntea.ca) “We thought the perfect favour for a fall wedding would be tea! We had a fun evening doing a tea taste as well as made custom Mr. & Mrs. Labels! Everyone raved about the unique and delicious favours.
Photobooth: “This was a huge Highlight of the day! We loved how the booth was in the room of the reception so that it felt like you were still part of the party while having fun in the booth. The photobooth facilitated our guests to interact more with one another, resulting in some hilarious photos of fun and random group combinations! The company had the option to print immediately and/or send online which were great benefits. Plus, they had a boomerang option, which was hilarious. (@photokioskrental)
Groom and Groomsmen attire: “My amazingly handsome husband got his midnight blue 3 piece suit from Indochino! He also had a lyric from our song stitched into his jacket. The groomsmen had suits custom made or rented from Moores (mooresclothing.com). Socks: The guys all had fun socks that looked amazing in photos. All the groomsmen had coordinated patterns and colours, and Chris matched his Dad and Step Dad. Accessories: In memory of my Dad, Chris wore my father’s cuff links.” – R
Bride’s dress and accessories: “I found my dream dress at Helen’s Bridal (helensbridalbarrie.com) in Barrie. The service was exceptional, and I felt so comfortable with the team from the minute I walked in the door, until when I picked it up for my final fitting. Plus, the seamstress Stacey, is also a miracle worker (staceyossomethingblue.com) Something Blue – My mom’s blue handkerchief , Something Borrowed – My sister in laws veil from her wedding. It was the perfect match to my dress!, Something New – My Grandma’s bracelet, given to me as a gift from my Aunt.” – R
Photographer: Anne Edgar Photography (anneedgarphoto.com) “There are no words to express how grateful we are to have had the opportunity to have Anne as part of our day. From our initial consultation, engagement shoot and to the end of the reception, we knew our important memories would be beautifully captured. She exceeded the expectations of family, friends and ours. Anne is the best at capturing the serious and silly moments, adapting her style from a serious professional to joking around with a friend. For our second photographer, her associate Adam was able to join us as well, and was a perfect fit. The pictures show “us” so perfectly. They are fun, romantic and so full of love. We are absolutely obsessed with our photos!” – R&C
Biggest challenge: “The only thing that remotely comes to mind is remembering that our wedding was a day to celebrate us, and the beginning of our lives together as husband and wife! It was not to be about stress, drama, seating chart fiascoes, etc.. We made sure to keep this top of mind and focused on stepping back and enjoying the day.” – R
• Getting Ready with my girls: The morning spent with the ladies who mean the most to me, drinking mimosas, and singing along to the best of the 50’s
• Our First Look: this is a moment we will never forget. seeing each other for the first time on our wedding day was so powerful. This was just our moment, and we got to embrace it.
• Our First Dance: We had so much fun in this moment together! Our guests were surprised when the slow dance turned out to be a full-on dance party.
• The party: We had permanent smiles on our faces for the whole entire evening. It was incredible to see the people we love the most dancing, singing, laughing and just being together. Plus the pictures from the party, are amazing!” – R&C
Advice from one couple to another: “Biggest advice is to not stress the small stuff. I know this is much easier said than done, but it’s important to always keep this top of mind! For those who are obsessive planners (like me ha-ha), it’s important to control what you can before, so that the day of you get to enjoy every moment. Lastly, choose vendors who you trust and who genuinely want you to have the perfect day. If you trust them to do what they are best at, this lets you enjoy the process even more.
MORE ABOUT ANNE EDGAR PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMS | After 1000+ weddings and an always growing fan base, Anne Edgar Photography & Films (anneedgarphoto.com) knows what brides & grooms want (more details in their review in The Ring, here). To find out more, email Anne Edgar directly using the form below. 🙂[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]